Subject: Re: Bones problem.
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Stewart)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 May 95 17:41 PDT

In a message dated Sun, 30 Apr 95 09:40 [email-masked] writes:

M> Maybe I'm not crazy.  I've spent hours of work and sleepless nights trying
M> to  make bones work properly for a character figure, and I've not been
M> able to do  it without splitting the character into separate objects.

M> I'm not sure it can be done.  Still, I'd be overwelmed with joy if someone
M>  could tell me I'm wrong.

     I've had limited sucess with an animated hand by putting multiple bones
in a segment I want to bend. (ie. three or four bones arrayed inside a finger's
segment instead of one). It, careful control of the limited range and the use
of null axis work in a rather limited fashion. If there's some great secret to
getting bones to work, I've yet to discover it. I tend to break up my object as
much as possible and assign bones to various pieces of it for a more (I hope)
"artistic" effect.

                                       Christopher

-----------
"I wish there was a knob on the TV          Christopher Stewart
 to turn up the intelligence.                 PRIMORDIAL SOUP
 There's a knob called `brightness',       Graphics and Animation
 but it doesn't work." -- Gallagher         [email-masked]
-------------------------------

* Offline Orbit 0.73c *